Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bhakri


Ingredients 
To make 12 small Bhakri 

2 cups Millet Flour
1 cup Hot Water
1 tbsp Salt
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder (to get the golden color)
1 Medium Onion
2 Red Chillies
1/2 cup Coriander leaves
A pinch Sugar

Method:

Mix all the ingredients.
Make sure water is hot when added.

Heat the flat pan.
Add a few drops of canola oil.
Drop a handful of the above mixture and spread it out.
In medium heat, let one side cook.
When done, it will easily separate from the pan and you can turn it over.
Let the other side cook for a few mins. It took approx. 3-4 mins per bread.


Top this off with some hot Garlic Pickle!

5 comments:

Radhika said...

Happy to be your new follower. Love this nutritious and healthy bread. I'm bookmarking tandoori cauliflower subzi to try it out.Do check out my space when you find time.
Tickling Palates

notyet100 said...

Even I prepared bajra roti today,l.will try ur way sometime

Priya Suresh said...

Healthy bhakri,nutritious and awesome.

KitchenKarma said...

I have heard so much about Oriya Dolma, time I tried it....this looks yum...thanks for sharing the recipe :-)

Pragyan said...

@Radhika - Thanks, dear! Happy to follow you too! Look fwd to staying in touch.

@Notyet100 - Thanks! Look fwd to hear how it turned out! I tried it slightly differently recently where I added atta, rice flour and besan in small amounts as well. Will post that someday when I prepare it again.

@Priya - Indeed, very nutritious!

@Suchi - Thanks for the comment - let me know how it turns out. :)